- Cash (only accepted when delivered to our office in the courthouse)
- Money Order
- Cashiers Check
- Telephone Payments – Methods accepted via telephone include credit card or E-Check. Please call our office at 775-962-8000 to use this payment method
- VISA, Master card, Discover, American Express and E-Check
- Online Payments
Property Tax payments may be sent via the US Postal Service to the Treasurer’s Office. For your protection do not send cash through the mail. Payments must be postmarked by the due date to avoid penalties. Please send payments to the address below:
Lincoln County Treasurer
P.O. Box 416
Pioche, NV 89043
Property Taxes may be paid by cash, check, cashier’s check, money order, credit card, or e-check in the Treasurer’s office. The Treasurer’s Office is open between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, closed for lunch between the hours of 12:00pm and 1:00 pm. (Pacific Time) The Treasurer’s Office is located in the Lincoln County Courthouse at the address below:
Lincoln County Treasurer’s Office
Lincoln County Courthouse
181 Main Street
The Lincoln County Treasurer’s Office has been working to make paying property taxes more convenient. As part of this effort, we are excited to announce that on-line payments are now available. To make your property tax payment on-line, visit our on-line payment web site.
- A 2.5% fee will be applied to all credit card payments with a minimum charge of $2.00
- A $3.00 fee will be applied for all E-check payments
- Online payments are processed through Point and Pay
To pay your property taxes online, click on this link: on-line payment web site
This will bring up the Secured Tax Inquiry web page which allows a search feature for properties within Lincoln County. Type the property owner name in the search box and click on the search button to list your property or properties. Your property or properties will be listed, along with the taxes due. At the bottom of the results box will be a button called Payment Card. Click on this button to proceed to the page that will enable you to pay your property tax online.
Installment Due Dates
The 2016‐2017 tax year runs from July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017 and includes four installment due dates. If you have not received your 2016‐2017 tax bill by July 15, 2016, please contact our office immediately so an additional one can be mailed. As stated in NRS 361.480, failure to receive an individual tax bill does not excuse the taxpayer from the timely payment of his or her taxes.
Late Tax Payments
After the 10 day grace period, penalties for late payments will apply as follows:
- Any one installment of taxes on or within 10 days following the day taxes become due, there must be added thereto a penalty of 4 percent.
- Any two installments of such taxes, together with accumulated penalties, on or within 10 days following the day the later installment of taxes become due, there must be added thereto a penalty of 5 percent of the two installments due.
- Any three installments of the taxes, together with accumulated penalties, on or within 10 days following the day the latest installment of taxes become due, there must be added thereto a penalty of 6 percent of the three installments due.
- The full amount of such taxes, together with accumulated penalties, on or within 10 days following the first Monday or March, there must be added thereto a penalty of 7 percent of the full amount of such taxes.
- All property upon which the taxes are not paid in full within 30 days after the first Monday of April of each year, will be advertised in the local newspaper, with all penalties, costs, and advertising costs added thereto.
The Lincoln County Treasurer’s Office makes every effort to produce and publish the most current and accurate information possible. No warranties, expressed or implied, are provided for the data herein, its use, or its interpretation.