Official Website for Lincoln County, Nevada

Nevada map

Lincoln County Logo


2015-2016 Business License Renewal Notification

Lincoln County Home Page > Doing Business in Lincoln County

Wild horses

Business Licenses

181 North Main Street
Suite 111
P.O. Box 329
Pioche, NV 89043
Fax: 775-962-5877
Telephone: 775-962-8071


Cory Lytle, Director
Melissa Free, Administrative Assistant


As of July 1, 2009, it is unlawful for any business to engate in any enterprise in Lincoln County without first applying for and obtaining a license or permit as set forth in County Business License Code. A standard business license is $40 for one year, a temporary license is $20. If you have any questions please call 775-962-8071.

Caliente is the only city in Lincoln County, so an additional business license is required to do business in Caliente. It can be obtained by contacting the Caliente city offices. The telephone number is 775-726-3132.

Business License Forms

Business License Information Sheet - Please read this information sheet before completing the Business License Application form. Payment must be presented along with the Business License Application.

Business License Application Form - The Business portion of this form can be filled out on-line and printed. Print this form and fill it out to take with you to the Building Department in Pioche or in Alamo at the Alamo Annex. If you wish to mail your application, along with a check for the application fee, you may send it to:

L.C. Planning and Building Department
P.O. Box 329
Pioche, NV 89043

Once your application has been submitted to this department it will be placed in front of the Lincoln County Board of Commissioners for approval. They meet on the first and third Monday of each month. Once approved, we will mail you your copy of the Business License, which is to be displayed in a conspicuous place inside your business.

Other Forms

The forms below are pdf files that you can fill out on-line and print on your printer. These forms are not processed by the Business License Department and are included here only as a convenience. Please contact the listed department for information concerning these forms.

Fictitious Firm - Also known as "Doing Business As" - Handled by the County Clerk's Office, telephone 775-962-8000

Temporary Liquor License - Complete this form if you need to obtain a temporary liquor license to sell liquor at an event. Processed by the County Sheriff's Department, telephone 775-962-8080

Liquor License - Complete this form if you need to obtain a license to sell liquor as part of your business. Processed by the County Sheriff's Department, telephone 775-962-8080

Free business counseling is provided by the Rural Nevada Development Corporation and the Nevada Small Business Development Center. To make an appointment, call the RNDC office in Ely at 775-289-8519 and ask for Mary Kerner, or call Clint Koble, RNDC Counselor at 775-546-3198.

About Us | Site Map | Web Site Policy Statements | Photograph Credits | Contact Webmaster | Website by JC Enterprises